Ciara talks Maxim Hot 100,

Ciara is pragmatic about her inclusion in Maxim's list of the 100 hottest women -- released just last week."Oh, it's always cool when someone honors you or says that you're pretty and beautiful," she tells Zap2it.com. "I can't complain."

Still, the singer is ready to broaden her career and will take a step in that direction on Tuesday (May 10) when she guest stars on an episode of The CW's "Hellcats" (more on that soon from Zap2it's Carina Adly MacKenzie).

"I definitely have plans to [do more in] the television and film world," she says. "I call it working a muscle that I haven't really worked that much -- like music and performing, that's my world. I work that muscle all the time. But with acting it's like a muscle that hasn't really been touched so I'm still building it."

In February, gossip swirled about trouble between the singer and her label, Jive Records. Ciara went directly to her fans to clear things up, posting this message on her website:

"I do understand that some labels are not financially supporting their artists and I have become one of them ... I've tried to be a team player with the label only to have compromised what I truly believed. And was not given the right opportunity to promote and inform my fans of the release of this album."


When we asked for an update, Ciara said, "I always tell my fans never believe anything unless you hear it from me. In reference to my next move, the best thing I could say to my fans is to stay tuned."

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter